Gridlock News and Features

Woodlands-Energy Corridor Developing Direct Bus Service

Written by Staff

The Woodlands Township and the Energy Corridor District are developing a program to provide bus service for workers between The Woodlands and the Energy Corridor. The program is designed to help ease traffic congestion and stress for drivers. According to a press release for the ECD, the two organizations are planning to begin operations in late 2021. The Houston-Galveston Area Council is paying for about 80 percent of the program with a grant, while the remaining 20 percent is coming from partnership funds.

Prior to the ongoing pandemic, approximately 1,000 workers commuted between their homes in The Woodlands and the Energy Corridor, and the partnership is monitoring how quickly employees are returning to their previous commuting patterns. The program will begin in earnest once they have determined that commuters are returning to a high percentage of pre-pandemic traffic. The ECD and The Woodlands will announce the routes, stops, schedules and fares on its website at www.energycorridor.org

About the author

Staff